We are glad to have you at Alfa; earning and maintaining your trust matters to us.
Nowadays, with the rapidly and ever-increasing complexity and reach of technology, protection and proper use of personal information is becoming paramount.
Alfa promises to be transparent with you about all practices and measures deployed to protect your privacy.
What Personal information do we collect?
From your signed contract: Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Identity Document number, email address, Billing addresses, Telephone number, Fax number, Banking information
Your traffic data related information, cost of your communications, your device details and phone usage, your approximate location, and your browsing history
All communications between the customer and Alfa call center
Any other information required to activate a service
When do we collect your personal information?
We can get your personal information when you:
Buy a product or service from us (including buying online, over the phone and in any Alfa store or point of service)
Register for a specific product or service (such as registering your name and address details for a service or bundle)
Contact us for a support, assistance, clarification or complaint
Submit feedback on our surveys
Use our network
Visit or browse our websites and apps
Why do we collect personal information?
To validate you as a registered customer when using our services
To manage your account with us and for billing purposes
To bill you for using our products or services
To be able to assist you and respond to any questions or concerns you may have about using our network, products or services
To carry out research and statistical analysis, respond to your needs, which leads to new or improved products and services. So, we will be able to contact you with offers or promotions based on how you use our products and services
To manage our network and help us design and optimize it such as managing the volume of calls, texts, internet data, etc ...
To allow us to recommend/customize products and services targeting your specific personal needs and preferences for a better customer experience
To meet our legal, regulatory and law enforcement agencies’ requirements
To perform quality and financial control and improve the quality of experience
To prevent and detect fraud
In which circumstances your personal information is disclosed?
Acting in good faith if we believe such action is necessary to conform with a legal requirement or comply with the legal process, protect and defend the rights or property of Alfa, we may share your personal information with:
Subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and trusted third parties (including agents, subcontractors and suppliers which are integral to providing some of our services)
A person acting as your legal representative, agent or authorized user
Official or legal entities for the purpose of collecting unpaid due bills
Third-parties such as financial institutions and banks to facilitate your billing payments
Legal authorities and court when legally requested or when it is allowed and required by law
Ministry of Telecommunications being the owner and the regulator
It is within your duty and for your own interest to provide us with accurate personal information at all times, and update us of any changes to your personal information.
Before we collect, use or disclose your Personal Information we may need your consent:
Imply consent: obtained from your actions. For example, if you give us your address, we may use it to send you bills
Express consent: is when you explicitly consent verbally, or by signing a document, or ticking a box or performing a similar act demonstrating your consent
In some cases, it may be impossible or inappropriate to obtain your consent such as:
if it is clearly in your interests to comply with legal and law enforcement agencies’ requirements or to collect a debt.
We will not share your information with 3rd party organizations to contact you about their products and services without capturing your explicit, informed, and specific consent.
Phone directory enquirers
Upon contract signature (unless explicitly rejection has been picked out), Alfa will include your contact details including your name or trading name, address, and mobile phone number in a directory, which will make your details available through directory enquiry services.
If you want your contact details to be updated or withheld from directory enquiry services, please contact us.
Websites and apps limited liability
Our websites and apps may have links to and from the websites and apps of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates, including online stores and service providers hosted within our websites or apps. Such websites and apps have their own privacy policies and hence we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
We use various types of cookies, including essential cookies (which help you move around the secure areas of the websites and apps and do things you have specifically come to the websites and apps for, for examples remembering products you put in your basket and information you enter in forms), cookies for website and app information (which collect anonymous information about how visitors use our websites and apps, including the most popular pages and any error pages you see), and cookies that save your settings.
How long we retain your personal information for?
Some of the personal information will be retained for a reasonable period after termination of the service subscription. This period depends on the business purposes and legal requirements.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
The purpose of gathering information from the customers serves the purpose of operating our business & enhancing our customers experience.
We -Alfa- are committed to maintain, protect and respect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal Information. Our highly qualified employees constantly deploy state of the art systems, and apply rigorous security policies, processes and procedures to prevent the theft, loss, or unauthorized use of your personal information, in line with the international information security standards and best practices.
Any future changes to this Policy will be posted on Alfa website www.alfa.com.lb and shall be effective starting that date. Please check our website regularly.
For any inquiry, we are always reachable through the following communication channels:
Call Center through 03391111
Call Center live chat on our website www.alfa.com.lb or Alfa Mobile application
Facebook through https://www.facebook.com/alfatelecommunications
by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and Fax on: 03391109, or by visiting our stores
When you use our Services, you agree to the Terms and they affect your rights and obligations.
Service introduction: Alfa Sports is a mobile and TV application aimed at providing sports viewers, whether Alfa or non-Alfa users, access to livestreams and VOD content of their favorite professional sports.
1.Legal Capacity; Children and Minors. If you are under the age of consent in your country to form a binding agreement, you should only use our Service if you are either an emancipated minor or have the legal consent of your parent or guardian for your use of our Service. You should use our Service only if you are fully able to understand and enter into and comply with these Terms. Our Services are not intended for children under 18: if you are under 18, please wait until you turn 18 to use them.
2. The Information You Give Us to Use the Service Must Be Correct. To access the Application and its features, you will be asked to provide true and complete registration details, limited to your mobile number. If we at Alfa believe the details are not correct, current, or complete, we have the right prevent you from accessing our Services, or any of its resources and to terminate or suspend your account.
3. Trademarks and Copyrights. Our Services and materials incorporated by Alfa on our Services (“Material”) are protected by copyrights, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights (“Copyrights”). Some of the characters, logos, or other images incorporated by Alfa in our Services are also protected as registered or unregistered trademarks, trade names, and/or service marks owned by Alfa or others (“Trademarks”). Alfa or its licensors own the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the Material and Service, and by using our Services, you do not acquire any ownership rights in Service or Materials contained therein. Alfa respects the intellectual property rights of others and asks users of our Service to do the same.
4. Your Use of Our Material. Your right to make use of our Service and any Material or other content appearing on it is subject to your compliance with these Terms. You may not modify or use the Material or any other content on our Services for any purpose not permitted by these Terms. Such prohibited use violates these Terms and may be a violation of the Copyrights and/or Trademarks protected by law.
You may access, and display Material and all other content displayed on our Services for non-commercial, personal, entertainment use on any computer, tablet, smart watch, or mobile device you own or control. The Material and all other content on this Service may not otherwise be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, or used in any way unless specifically authorized by Alfa. Also, decompiling, reverse engineering, disassembling, or otherwise reducing the code used in any software on this Service into a readable form in order to examine the construction of such software and/or to copy or create other products based (in whole or in part) on such software, is prohibited. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Material and/or the Services.
5. Service Charges for The Application
5.1 Subscription. The Application offers recurring plan which renew on a periodical basis (calendar month) and is a type of monthly subscription. The renewal will take place through Alfa channels for Alfa Users and Credit Card for non-Alfa Users. The application also offers a non-renewable seasonal bundle.
5.2 We reserve the right to change our subscriptions charges or stop offering them at any time. We will notify you on Alfa website and if needed, through in-app notification in the event that we apply any change on the calling plans and subscriptions prices
5.3 Using the Service on mobile applications will use some of the data allowance available on the data package to which you have subscribed with your mobile network operator as the case may be. Out-of-country usage may in any event lead to significantly higher costs than regular usage, and you are solely responsible for keeping yourself informed and paying for possible roaming and other applicable charges levied by your mobile network operator.
5.4 Automatic Recurring Charge. The recurring charge feature will be automatically enabled when you subscribe to the Application. Your service will be renewed with the same amount and validity and by the same payment method you initially designated when you registered your account. You can disable the recurring charge feature at any time by accessing your Account.
5.5 Payment for Subscriptions (e.g. recurring calling plans) are made on a recurring payment basis. This means that you agree that at the applicable recurring intervals your payment method will be charged, until you actively elect to terminate the Subscription.
7. Refunds. Except as provided by law, all purchases are final and non-refundable.
8. Public Content. The materials, information and opinions included and/or expressed in or on public chats, comment sections, community chats, or other forums are not necessarily those of Alfa. Alfa does not undertake to monitor or review forums, and the content of forums is not the responsibility of Alfa. Alfa may remove or modify any content on its forums without notice or liability at any time in Alfa’s sole discretion. Any use of the forums will be at your own risk and will be subject to the disclaimers and limitations on liability set out above.
9. User Content.
We reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any User Content on the Service, to suspend or terminate users without liability to us, including where such User Content, in our sole discretion, violates these Terms.
10. Responsibility for Your Use. You may only use our Service and its contents for lawful purposes and in accordance with applicable law and you are prohibited from storing, distributing, or transmitting any unlawful material through this Service, otherwise you may be exposed to criminal and/or civil liability as per the Lebanese applied laws. You agree that if a third-party claims that material you have contributed to our Service is unlawful, you will bear the burden of establishing that it is lawful. You understand and agree that all materials publicly posted or privately transmitted on or through this Service are the sole responsibility of the sender, not Alfa, and that you are responsible for all material you upload, publicly post or otherwise transmit to or through this Service.
11. Violation of Security Systems. You are prohibited from using any services or facilities provided in connection with this Service to compromise security or tamper with system resources and/or accounts. The use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security (e.g. password guessing programs, cracking tools, malware, or network probing tools) is strictly prohibited. If you become involved in any violation of system security, Alfa reserves the right to release your details to system administrators at other sites, law enforcement and/or governmental authorities in order to assist them in resolving security incidents.
12. Termination. You may terminate your relationship with Alfa at any time. If you are using our Service, you can cancel the service at any time through the application or request that Alfa delete your account and stop the service. Where permissible under the law, Alfa has the right to terminate your rights under our Service without notice.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties. Although we make great efforts to make our Service error and interruption free, we cannot promise that such efforts will result with such desired performance. YOUR USE OF THIS SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY US SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. THE SERVICE AND ALL THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES AND OTHER CONTENT IN THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, Alfa, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Alfa DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON OR THROUGH THIS SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Alfa DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIAL, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES, OR OTHER CONTENT ON THE SERVICE OR ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SERVICE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. Alfa MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES, OR OTHER CONTENT OF THE SERVICE WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND Alfa ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES, OR OTHER CONTENT OF THE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO APPLY TO YOU, THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE Lebanese LAW.
14. Limitation of Liability. Alfa DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, AND DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHERWISE) RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE, APP OR SERVICE, OR THE MATERIAL, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES, OR OTHER CONTENT ON THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED AND EVEN IF Alfa HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOU (AND NOT Alfa) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING THEREIN. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LEBANESE LAW. In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
15. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Alfa from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, resulting from your breach of these Terms, including any of the foregoing provisions, representations or warranties, from your placement or transmission of any content onto Alfa’s servers and/or from any and all use of your User Account.
16. Release. If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release Alfa from claims, demands, liabilities, costs, or expenses and damages (actual and consequential of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes). In entering into this release, you expressly waive any protections (whether statutory or otherwise) to the extent permitted by applicable law that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favor at the time of agreeing to this release.
17. Investigations. Alfa may seek to gather information from a user who is suspected of violating these Terms and from any other user. Alfa may suspend any users whose conduct or postings are under investigation and may remove such material from its servers as it deems appropriate and without notice. If Alfa believes, in its sole discretion, that a violation of these Terms has occurred, it may edit or modify any submission, remove the material permanently, warn users, suspend users, terminate accounts, or take other corrective action it deems appropriate. Alfa may fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Alfa to disclose the identity of anyone posting any content, or publishing or otherwise making available any materials that are believed to violate these Terms. BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS Alfa FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY Alfa DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND/OR FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY Alfa OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
18. Reservation of Rights. Alfa reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any part of this Service and/or any software, facilities, and services on this Service, with or without notice and/or to establish general guidelines and limitations on their use.
19. Local Regulations. To the extent you choose to access our Service, you do so at your own initiative and agree to be responsible for compliance with Lebanese Laws. You are responsible for complying with Lebanese local laws. You specifically agree to comply with Lebanese applicable laws concerning the transmission of data exported from Lebanon or the country you reside in, no other laws or regulations shall be applied.
20. Jurisdictional Issues. The Materials and all other content in this Service are presented for the purpose of providing information regarding the Alfa Services available in Lebanon
21. Choice of Law. To the extent permitted by law, these Terms shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Lebanon as they are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Lebanon.
22. Disputes. This section sets forth the exclusive way you can resolve any dispute you may have with us. If you ever wish to seek any relief from us, you agree to do it only through Lebanese Courts and the Lebanese Law shall only be applicable
23. How to Contact Us. This Service is controlled and operated by Mobile Interim company1 s.a.l incorporated under the Lebanese laws, registered with the commercial register of Baabda under number 72514, owner of Alfa Trademark which is registered with the Ministry of economy and trade and protected under the applied Lebanese laws in force. . Please forward any comments or complaints about the Service by calling our customer care by dialing 111 from the application. For any questions regarding the Service, privacy and other legal matters contact us at email@example.com
24. General. If any provision of these Terms are adjudged, by written decision, to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire agreement between you and Alfa relating to the matters contained here and the Service. In the event you read these terms in any language other than English, you agree that in the event of any discrepancies, the English version shall prevail.