We are glad to have you at Alfa; earning and maintaining your trust matters to us.
Nowadays, with the rapidly and ever-increasing complexity and reach of technology, protection and proper use of personal information is becoming paramount.
Alfa promises to be transparent with you about all practices and measures deployed to protect your privacy.
What Personal information do we collect?
From your signed contract: Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Identity Document number, email address, Billing addresses, Telephone number, Fax number, Banking information
Your traffic data related information, cost of your communications, your device details and phone usage, your approximate location, and your browsing history
All communications between the customer and Alfa call center
Any other information required to activate a service
When do we collect your personal information?
We can get your personal information when you:
Buy a product or service from us (including buying online, over the phone and in any Alfa store or point of service)
Register for a specific product or service (such as registering your name and address details for a service or bundle)
Contact us for a support, assistance, clarification or complaint
Submit feedback on our surveys
Use our network
Visit or browse our websites and apps
Why do we collect personal information?
To validate you as a registered customer when using our services
To manage your account with us and for billing purposes
To bill you for using our products or services
To be able to assist you and respond to any questions or concerns you may have about using our network, products or services
To carry out research and statistical analysis, respond to your needs, which leads to new or improved products and services. So, we will be able to contact you with offers or promotions based on how you use our products and services
To manage our network and help us design and optimize it such as managing the volume of calls, texts, internet data, etc ...
To allow us to recommend/customize products and services targeting your specific personal needs and preferences for a better customer experience
To meet our legal, regulatory and law enforcement agencies’ requirements
To perform quality and financial control and improve the quality of experience
To prevent and detect fraud
In which circumstances your personal information is disclosed?
Acting in good faith if we believe such action is necessary to conform with a legal requirement or comply with the legal process, protect and defend the rights or property of Alfa, we may share your personal information with:
Subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and trusted third parties (including agents, subcontractors and suppliers which are integral to providing some of our services)
A person acting as your legal representative, agent or authorized user
Official or legal entities for the purpose of collecting unpaid due bills
Third-parties such as financial institutions and banks to facilitate your billing payments
Legal authorities and court when legally requested or when it is allowed and required by law
Ministry of Telecommunications being the owner and the regulator
It is within your duty and for your own interest to provide us with accurate personal information at all times, and update us of any changes to your personal information.
Before we collect, use or disclose your Personal Information we may need your consent:
Imply consent: obtained from your actions. For example, if you give us your address, we may use it to send you bills
Express consent: is when you explicitly consent verbally, or by signing a document, or ticking a box or performing a similar act demonstrating your consent
In some cases, it may be impossible or inappropriate to obtain your consent such as:
if it is clearly in your interests to comply with legal and law enforcement agencies’ requirements or to collect a debt.
We will not share your information with 3rd party organizations to contact you about their products and services without capturing your explicit, informed, and specific consent.
Phone directory enquirers
Upon contract signature (unless explicitly rejection has been picked out), Alfa will include your contact details including your name or trading name, address, and mobile phone number in a directory, which will make your details available through directory enquiry services.
If you want your contact details to be updated or withheld from directory enquiry services, please contact us.
Websites and apps limited liability
Our websites and apps may have links to and from the websites and apps of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates, including online stores and service providers hosted within our websites or apps. Such websites and apps have their own privacy policies and hence we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
We use various types of cookies, including essential cookies (which help you move around the secure areas of the websites and apps and do things you have specifically come to the websites and apps for, for examples remembering products you put in your basket and information you enter in forms), cookies for website and app information (which collect anonymous information about how visitors use our websites and apps, including the most popular pages and any error pages you see), and cookies that save your settings.
How long we retain your personal information for?
Some of the personal information will be retained for a reasonable period after termination of the service subscription. This period depends on the business purposes and legal requirements.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
The purpose of gathering information from the customers serves the purpose of operating our business & enhancing our customers experience.
We -Alfa- are committed to maintain, protect and respect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal Information. Our highly qualified employees constantly deploy state of the art systems, and apply rigorous security policies, processes and procedures to prevent the theft, loss, or unauthorized use of your personal information, in line with the international information security standards and best practices.
Any future changes to this Policy will be posted on Alfa website www.alfa.com.lb and shall be effective starting that date. Please check our website regularly.
For any inquiry, we are always reachable through the following communication channels:
Call Center through 03391111
Call Center live chat on our website www.alfa.com.lb or Alfa Mobile application
Facebook through https://www.facebook.com/alfatelecommunications
by E-mail to email@example.com and Fax on: 03391109, or by visiting our stores
When you use our Services, you agree to the Terms and they affect your rights and obligations.
Service introduction: Alfa Sports is a mobile and TV application aimed at providing sports viewers, whether Alfa or non-Alfa users, access to livestreams and VOD content of their favorite professional sports.
1.Legal Capacity; Children and Minors. If you are under the age of consent in your country to form a binding agreement, you should only use our Service if you are either an emancipated minor or have the legal consent of your parent or guardian for your use of our Service. You should use our Service only if you are fully able to understand and enter into and comply with these Terms. Our Services are not intended for children under 18: if you are under 18, please wait until you turn 18 to use them.
2. The Information You Give Us to Use the Service Must Be Correct. To access the Application and its features, you will be asked to provide true and complete registration details, limited to your mobile number. If we at Alfa believe the details are not correct, current, or complete, we have the right prevent you from accessing our Services, or any of its resources and to terminate or suspend your account.
3. Trademarks and Copyrights. Our Services and materials incorporated by Alfa on our Services (“Material”) are protected by copyrights, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights (“Copyrights”). Some of the characters, logos, or other images incorporated by Alfa in our Services are also protected as registered or unregistered trademarks, trade names, and/or service marks owned by Alfa or others (“Trademarks”). Alfa or its licensors own the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the Material and Service, and by using our Services, you do not acquire any ownership rights in Service or Materials contained therein. Alfa respects the intellectual property rights of others and asks users of our Service to do the same.
4. Your Use of Our Material. Your right to make use of our Service and any Material or other content appearing on it is subject to your compliance with these Terms. You may not modify or use the Material or any other content on our Services for any purpose not permitted by these Terms. Such prohibited use violates these Terms and may be a violation of the Copyrights and/or Trademarks protected by law.
You may access, and display Material and all other content displayed on our Services for non-commercial, personal, entertainment use on any computer, tablet, smart watch, or mobile device you own or control. The Material and all other content on this Service may not otherwise be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, or used in any way unless specifically authorized by Alfa. Also, decompiling, reverse engineering, disassembling, or otherwise reducing the code used in any software on this Service into a readable form in order to examine the construction of such software and/or to copy or create other products based (in whole or in part) on such software, is prohibited. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Material and/or the Services.
5. Service Charges for The Application
5.1 Subscription. The Application offers recurring plan which renew on a periodical basis (calendar month) and is a type of monthly subscription. The renewal will take place through Alfa channels for Alfa Users and Credit Card for non-Alfa Users. The application also offers a non-renewable seasonal bundle.
5.2 We reserve the right to change our subscriptions charges or stop offering them at any time. We will notify you on Alfa website and if needed, through in-app notification in the event that we apply any change on the calling plans and subscriptions prices
5.3 Using the Service on mobile applications will use some of the data allowance available on the data package to which you have subscribed with your mobile network operator as the case may be. Out-of-country usage may in any event lead to significantly higher costs than regular usage, and you are solely responsible for keeping yourself informed and paying for possible roaming and other applicable charges levied by your mobile network operator.
5.4 Automatic Recurring Charge. The recurring charge feature will be automatically enabled when you subscribe to the Application. Your service will be renewed with the same amount and validity and by the same payment method you initially designated when you registered your account. You can disable the recurring charge feature at any time by accessing your Account.
5.5 Payment for Subscriptions (e.g. recurring calling plans) are made on a recurring payment basis. This means that you agree that at the applicable recurring intervals your payment method will be charged, until you actively elect to terminate the Subscription.
7.1 Except as provided by law, all purchases are final and non-refundable.
8. Public Content. The materials, information and opinions included and/or expressed in or on public chats, comment sections, community chats, or other forums are not necessarily those of Alfa. Alfa does not undertake to monitor or review forums, and the content of forums is not the responsibility of Alfa. Alfa may remove or modify any content on its forums without notice or liability at any time in Alfa’s sole discretion. Any use of the forums will be at your own risk and will be subject to the disclaimers and limitations on liability set out above.
9. User Content.
We reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any User Content on the Service, to suspend or terminate users without liability to us, including where such User Content, in our sole discretion, violates these Terms.
10. Responsibility for Your Use. You may only use our Service and its contents for lawful purposes and in accordance with applicable law and you are prohibited from storing, distributing, or transmitting any unlawful material through this Service, otherwise you may be exposed to criminal and/or civil liability as per the Lebanese applied laws. You agree that if a third-party claims that material you have contributed to our Service is unlawful, you will bear the burden of establishing that it is lawful. You understand and agree that all materials publicly posted or privately transmitted on or through this Service are the sole responsibility of the sender, not Alfa, and that you are responsible for all material you upload, publicly post or otherwise transmit to or through this Service.
11. Violation of Security Systems. You are prohibited from using any services or facilities provided in connection with this Service to compromise security or tamper with system resources and/or accounts. The use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security (e.g. password guessing programs, cracking tools, malware, or network probing tools) is strictly prohibited. If you become involved in any violation of system security, Alfa reserves the right to release your details to system administrators at other sites, law enforcement and/or governmental authorities in order to assist them in resolving security incidents.